Historic Properties

The Historic Florida Keys Foundation leases four historic state owned properties: Old City Hall, The Armory, Truman Little White House and the Oldest House.


The Preservation Board spearheaded the restoration of Key West's majestic OLD CITY HALL, culminating in the re-dedication of the building in 1991. The Foundation maintains its offices here.  In 2009, the first floor of Old City Hall was completely renovated. Windows were added to enclose the space downstairs. 
It is now home to the KEY WEST CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.  The second floor space, suitable for group meetings and presentations was the former City Commission Chambers, seats about 200 and is available for lease by calling 305.292.6718.  It is perfect for presentations and group meetings.


The Foundation also manages the 1903 ARMORY, securing grants to assist in its rehabilitation and maintenance, and, in turn, leases it.  “Artists at the Armory” is a group of artists’ studios on the second floor.  The first floor is available for lease by calling 305.292.6718, and is great for art shows, weddings and parties. 


HARRY S. TRUMAN LITTLE WHITE HOUSE is on a long-term lease with Historic Tours of America. In 1997, substantial funds were provided by a grant administered by the Foundation.


The Foundation leases the OLDEST HOUSE from the State, oversees the property and leases it to the Old Island Restoration Foundation. Once the home of Capt. Francis Watlington, it is now a nonprofit Museum.

 

© Historic Florida Keys Foundation